neděle 3. října 2010

Devils Xtreme race 2010

Straight after our parents came back from their holidays, me and my bro Jakub stole their lovely Transit, fully equipped as a camping caravan and got it back on the road. We arrived at the camping area near the borders with Germany early in the morning. After 2 hours of sleep, you could already find us stepping around the start area. In about an hour, all the competitors were in the paddling gear and the race was already on the fire. Every category started with slalom and then sprint. The race trail was pretty much new for me, as this was my second xtreme race, but first one on this river. 
Lenka,me and Hanka in a good mood
photo by Hanka Bubnikova
Because I hadn't chance to try it before the race I went straight for it in the race. I have ended up on the 4th place thanks to a great instructions given by Palo Andrassy followed by a illustration of what the water is gonna do with my boat as he grabbed me and swept me all  around the bridge as I nearly ended up under the wheels of passing car:)
Me on Alpin start

We were paddling the rest of the Devils in the afternoon. I couldn't believe how good it was! The "window" was just a start of fun as the whole river goes into about 3 meters windows with 2 big rolls on both sides. Then there were few more rapids to keep you in a good mood. I have to say that I always did a portage on "Bloody fingers" as I could see that usually it was not only fingers that ended up bloody on this rapid. But still there were few other rapids that fully satisfied my paddling appetite. Especially "stairs" is a great  rapid with two easy boofs that makes you feel sooo good if you get them right!
Me on Loucovice
Everybody went BIG on Saturday night! I would love to tell more about that night but well, you would have to be there...
Palo Andrassy- the "instructor"!
Sunday started with Kayak X and then Team race. The water run until about 4pm so we were all completely exhausted before going home as we paddled as much as possible.

Unfortunately i didn't make enough photos from this amaying weekend as paddled as much as possible. Cheers to Jana from Slovakia for at least those few she made on my camera Devils 2010.

Also big up to the organizers, you can check out the results here

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat